This is baked Biscoff Cheesecake with a cake base instead of a biscuit base. This cheesecake has three layers, a simple vanilla sponge cake at base, topped with biscofff cheesecake filling and finished off with a caramel sauce. The cake was baked in a water bath for even baking and it turned out exceptionally delicious.
I hope you will like and enjoy the cake, as much I did with my family.
Baked Biscoff Cheesecake with Cake base
- Eggs – 2
- Flour – ⅓ cup
- Sugar – ⅓ cup
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Baking powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla essence – 1 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
Lotus Cheesecake Filliing
- Cream cheese tub – 8 oz, one packet
- Lotus Biscoff Cookie Spread – one bottle
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – ¼ – ½ cup ; as needed
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½
- Vanilla- 1 teaspoon
- Cream – 300 ml
- Caramel sauce – ¼ cup
For the Cake
- Pre heat oven at 180 C or 350 F. Bring all ingrendients at room temperature. Seperate egg yolks and egg whites.
- Cream butter and sugar together until creamy and pale yellow.
- Add in the egg yolks and beat well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt and add in the butter mixture. Mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites separately until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold eggs while in the rest of the mixture with cut & fold mixing technique.
- Line the spring foam tin with parchment paper from inside and a foil from outside.
- Spread the cake in 9-inch tin and bake for 8-10 mins.
- Once done remove from oven and let it cool.
For the Filling
- Now all ingredients needs to be at room temperature.
- Cream cheesecake with the beater, add in the biscoff and mix it well.
- Add eggs one by one and mix everything together.
- Beat cream into soft peaks and then add the cream into the cream cheese batter.Lightly fold everything together.
- Add salt, vanilla also in it. Mix again and creamcheese filling is ready to bake.
Assembly of Baked Cheesecake
- Pour the Cream cheese filling over the baked sponge cake.
- Place the cake tin a large tray, fill the tray with water so the tin in 1/4 inch submerged in the water.
- Preheat oven at 325 F and bake for an hour.
- Remove the cake from the oven, Let it cool down on a wire rack until it comes down to room temperature.
- Once the cake is cooled down completely, pour the carmel sauce on the top.
- Let it rest in fridge for atleast 5 -6 hrs before removing from tin and serving.