Meeting fellow bloggers on Instagram is helping us all grow into a very closely knit community where every one has something to give back with a more open and candid perspective about anything and everything.
Corn fritters are a perfect snack that I made in my live cooking session – Midnight Breakfast Talkies. This week’s guest in the session was Rabia from @drcardamom and she made delicious challa bread french toast served it with candied pecan.
Fritters are a healthy variation of ur desi Pakoras. I love making fritters as they are crispy on the outside and extremely flavorful and soft from inside. Healthy because they are pan fried and you can control the amount of oil needed to cook them unlike pakoras which are deep fried.
You can make fritters with almost anything i.e., spinach, zucchini, apple, peaches. Just play around with your imagination. They are very quick and easy to make. These corn fritters were gone even before I was done frying them all. They can be baked as well. A must try!!
Preparation/Marination time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Serving: 2-4 persons
- Chickpea flour / all purpose flour – 6 tablespoon
- Rice flour / Cornflour – 2 tablespoon
- Onion – thinly chopped
- Corinader leaves
- Egg – 1
- Green chili – 1 thinly chopped
- Salt – 3/4 teaspoon
- Crushed red chili powder – 3/4
- Paprika – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt / Cream – 2 tablespoons
- Cheddar cheese – grated 1/2 cup
- Corns – 1 or 2 cups
- In a bowl, mix everything together except the oil and make a batter with dropping consistency.
- Heat oil in a frypan and add the batter with a scoop in the pan to make fritters.
- Flatten the batter with the back on a spoon to make the shape for fritters.
- Cook on each side until golden and crisp. It will take one minute or so on each side.
Enjoy these cheesy corn fritters 🙂