Has everyone started to get over the Lotus craze? Well, I am just getting started. Lotus Biscoff biscuits and cookie spread has been really in stardom for a few years but somehow, I just got hold of them and finally made my first dessert with them. I must admit that all the hype around these biscuits and spread is completely justified.
The most important question for me was what to make? Cheesecake? triffle? or a pudding? I decided to go with all three at the same time. I collaborated with my fellow bloggers @rabia and @henna. They were as excited to create desserts with Biscoff lotus. We ended by making baked biscoff cheesecake, biscoff cheesecake brownies and biscoff trifle. What a biscoff-ful treat!
I made Biscoff Cheesecake Brownie by simply layering my go-to brownies recipe with the cheesecake layer. I flavored the cheesecake filling with biscoff spread and finished it off with a beautiful swirl on top made with a toothpick. It was so delicious and scrumptious – I am just loving it.
Festivals bring reasons to celebrate and share love, flavored with our traditional cuisines and cherished with the joy of family & friends get-togethers. Diwali is going to be celebrated across the global this weekend with full zeal and joys. No festivals are complete without sweet and desserts. On this auspicious occasion, I dedicate my Biscoff Brownie Cheesecake to all my friends celebrating Diwali, specially to Raj from @pinkchai. She has been one of my most favorite inspirational entrepreneur, blogger, content creator and mom. she is doing exceptional work to teach and educate newbie’s like me.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30 – 35 minutes
Serving: 16 small brownie squares
- Eggs – 3
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Flour – ¾ cup
- Oil – ½ cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Cocoa powder – ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Preheatthe oven at 350 F. Bring all ingredients at room temperature
- Takeeggs and vanilla essence in a bowl and whisk them until light and fluffy.
- Addin the sugar and beat until creamy.
- Addoil in the eggs batter and beat until well combined. Don’t over mix.
- Sievethe flour, salt and cocoa powder. Add it in the eggs mixture and nicely fold inthe batter until nicely mixed.
- BiscoffCookie butter spread – ½ cup
- Creamcheese – 6 0z or ¾ cup [use the solid tub cream cheese instead of the spread]
- Egg– 1
- Cream– ½ cup
Cream the cream cheese with a beater or spatula until soft. Add in the cream and whisk or beat it until fluffy. Add in the biscoff butter spread and egg. Mix until combined.
- Preparean 8-inch square baking tin, line it with parchment paper or just dust it off withoil and cocoa powder.
- Pourthe brownie mixture in the tin, save two tablespoons for the swirl topping.
- Addthe cheesecake filling on top of the brownie mix
- Spreadthe last two tablespoons of brownie mix on the top and make a swirl with a knifeor skewer.
- Bakeit for 30 – 35 minutes or until the the knife comes out clean from the center.
- Letthem cool completely before cutting.