An excellent alternative to regular dinner during Ramazan would be Quiche or Sandwiches. Earlier on the weekend, I shared the recipe for sandwiches and today it is Quiche. When i started blogging 4 years back, “Quiche”was the first dish i made to challenge myself and since then i am just in love with it.
Quiche is a classic French savory custard dish made with a buttery pastry crust. It is filled with meat and /or vegetables topped with a filling of eggs and milk / cream which, when bakes, becomes a custard. Quiche can be served hot or cold. The best part about quiche is that the possibilities of making it are endless!
Preparation time: 1hr
Cooking time: 40-50m
Serving: 6 persons
Recipe for Filling:
Please check my Chicken Spinach Sandwiches Filling – I used the same filling here
Recipe for Topping:
- Eggs – 4
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cream – 1/2 cup
- Salt and Black pepper – 1/2 teaspoon each
- Cheese – 1/2 cup
Recipe For Butter Crust Pastry:
- Flour – 1 1/4 cup
- Cold Butter – 6 tbsp
- Ice Water – 1/4 cup
- Take flour in a bowl. Cut the cold butter into small cubes. Add cold butter into the flour and mix it with your fingertips till it is crumbly. Now softly knead the flour with ¼ cup ice water. Do not over mix the dough. Wrap the dough into a plastic wrap, let it rest in fridge for at least two hour before use.
- Pre heat oven to 375 F.
- Roll out the dough into an 8 or 9 inch tart dish. Place the dough into the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Using a small knife, trim the extra overhang off dough.
- Prick the dough with fork and blind bake it for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Wait for 10 mins to cool it down.
- For assembling quiche, remove the pie dish from oven and spread the chicken spinach filling on the top.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, cream and cheese. Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Pour whisked eggs topping over the filling in the pie.
- Bake it at 350 F for 30-40 mins or until a knife inserted into the center draws out clean.
- Serve once cooled down.