“You have to believe in your cooking for others to love and appreciate your food”Fatima Ali
What does a great sandwich need?
Good combination of main ingredients, a perfectly balanced moist dip, and the right bread to top it off by adding some crunch. 🙂 Sandwiches help bring different cultures and cuisines together. .
They are certainly my favorite go-to meal options. Today I am sharing my take on Chicken Mushroom Spinach Sandwich.
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 30m
Serving: 4 persons (filling good for one full bread)
- Chicken – 1.5 cup boiled and shredded ( Boiled the chicken pieces with hand full of mix garam masala)
- Mushrooms – 1 tin, finely chopped
- Spinach – roughly washed and thinly chopped
- Spring onion – 2 or 3, finely chopped
- Jalapenos – 1 large finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Cream Cheese – ¾ cup
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Chili garlic sauce – 4 tbsp
- Salt – 1.5 tsp
- Black pepper – 2 tsp
- Grated cheese – ½ cup
- In a pan, fry garlic cloves in butter until golden. Add spinach and spring onions. Sautee for a minute for the spinach to get cooked. Remove from flame. Add mushrooms and chicken and cheese. Mix everything together and let is cool.
- Make a dip by mixing cream cheese, sour cream, chili garlic sauce, salt and pepper.
- Add it to the chicken filling. Mix well.
- Cut the sides of the sandwich bread first and then apply generous amount of the filling prepared. Cut the sandwiches in 2 triangles or 4 squares.
- Be creative as you plate up 🙂